Another batch of dancefloor bangers sure to rock the s**t out of that upcoming Black Cat gig (and beyond).
1. Mark Ronson – Oh My God – The Super Busdown Remix [Columbia]
The Kaiser Chiefs get covered properly with Ms. Lily Allen on vocals. Busta Rhymes adds a choice golden era rap. Oh my Gawd, indeed!
2. Bombs – Bombs EP #3 [Bombs]
Mysterio DC funksters [psst, its the FK5] are back chopping up some classic 60s psych-pop. Spanky Wilson, the Lemon Pipers, the Mamas and the Papas, and Randy Newman all get funked up for the dancefloor. Dope!
3. The Players – What’s Your Problem? [Discotheque]
Totally dope lowdown yet jazzy funk 45 [from former Style Council member Mick Talbot, no less!] with a few modern production touches to keep it in the here & now. Great cover of the ‘Get Carter’ theme on the flip.
4. Lack of Afro – Wait a Minute (K&S RMX) [Freestyle Records (UK)]
Kraak ‘n’ Smaak rework Lack of Afro’s live funk sound into a house stormer.
5. DJ Andy Smith – Sounds Start Rockin’ [Freestyle Records (UK)]
Fat bass and bangin’ funk drums on this furious dancefloor heater.
6. Haggis Horns – Got To Lose Your Way [First World (UK)]
Mark Ronson’s touring horn section work up a retro-funky Kool and the Gang-ish sweat, even covering Who’s Gonna Take the Weight on the flip.
7. Pablo – Sing [Red Hook Recordings]
Crazy psychedelic breaks on the A-side and a cool hip-hop instro on the B-side. Nice.
8. Casbah 73 – El Trafico Jam [Hi-Top]
Spanish midtempo disco. Love these guys!
9. Trevor Loveys – Organ Grinder [Dubsided]
House guru Trevor Loveys teams up with Sinden to chop and tweak DJ Shadow’s “Organ Donor” into a fist-pumping mess. Oh SNAP!
10. M.I.A. – Boyz [XL Recordings]
M.I.A. is back and more dancefloor-ready than ever! This is gonna blow up big!