Alongside our signature Latin & disco flavors, Rusty & I have been spinning more indie at our Vaqueros Electricos night the last couple of months. Here are a few tunes I’ve been feeling.
1. Chancha Vía Circuito – Río Arriba [ZZK Records]
The Argentinian producer returns with another album of dubbed-out cumbia that digs deep into Latin folk traditions for some wonderfully hypnotic melodies.
Currently on tour and coming to DC April 28th! Don’t miss it.
Grab a free download of crucial album cut Cumbion de las Aves
2. Lykki Li – I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix)[unreleased]
The Magician waves his wand over Lykke Li’s “I Follow Rivers” and give it a touch of Manifesto-era Roxy Music smooth disco magic.
3. Cut Copy – Take Me Out (Original x Flight Facilities x Jamie What? Edit) [unreleased]
A very tasteful re-edit of Cut Copy’s excellent appropriation (re-write?) of Fleetwood Mac’s breezy 80s pop single ‘Everywhere.’
4. Toro Y Moi – Still Sound (Easterly Remix) [unreleased]
James Easterly gives Toro Y Moi a late-night dubbed-out disco feel. Very nice.
5. Adele – Rolling in the Deep (Cousin Cole Remix) [unreleased]
Cousin Cole renders Adele’s pop-soul as a mid-tempo thumping club track. Hottness.
6. Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie XX – I’ll Take Care of U [XL Recordings]
Jamie XX adds his remix magic to Gil Scott-Heron’s 2009 album ‘I’m New Here.’
Have a listen.